Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ornament Remembrance Gift

Christmas was a little rough this year since all of our funds are going straight to baby savings.  We had to get a little creative with our gift giving.  I won't claim credit for thinking of this.  In fact, I found it via my new addiction, Pinterest.  I am not very sentimental and I tend to toss invitations and announcements...but never again!

From Glitter to Gumdrops shares a great tutorial on how to turn a special mailing into a treasured ornament.  I won't walk you through this steps since Christine does a great job.  Here is her ornament.  Lovely!


I decided to do this for my sister and her husband for their first Christmas as husband and wife.  I think it came out pretty good.  The little Eiffel Tower is actually from her wedding.  It was a charm that we attached to her wine bottle favors.  It was hard to get a good shot, but basically I used my paper cutter to cut her invitation into strips, then wrapped them around a pencil to make curly-q's, and then twisted them into the ornament.  I stocked up right after Christmas and bought a dozen clear ornaments for future gifts. 


It's all in the presentation.  It looked great in this red box that I have been hanging onto for years.  You know when you get a box for a gift and it is such a great box that you keep it because you know it will be perfect for you to use one day?  Well, probably more than 10 years later, this box finally found the perfect gift.





No comments:

Post a Comment