Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Royal Tea Party

It took me a while, but I finally fell for the royal wedding hype.  There was just something about the history and tradition behind it all.  I absolutely loved that wedding dress!  Isn't she beautiful?!?  I think I selfishly got into the wedding because it gave me an excuse to make tea sandwiches for my co-workers and use my new Sophie Conran footed cake plate.  I looove white Sophie Conran and can't wait to build my collection.  I made 4 different kinds of sandwiches, alternating between fresh white bread and pumpernickel.


One sandwich had a pimento cheese spread which I embellished with a square-cut radish and a small green olive.


I never imagined sot cream cheese, cucumber and mint would make such a lovely combination.  I might salt the cucumber next time.


My friend Mary said her favorite was garlic herb cheese, cucumber, and watercress...delicious!  When I peeled the English cucumber I ended up with these great green ribbons so I threaded them on a toothpick to dress things up.


This was my favorite!  Smoked salmon spread with chives.  And I couldn't let these great chive-tops go to waste!  Lovely.


These were so yummy and a perfect tough for our ladies-only wedding tea party. 

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a sandwich garden. Presentation is everything....don't you know! Gives me an idea to have the ladies over for brunch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so yummy!! I had cucumber with cream cheese tea sandwiches at a luncheon and I have been looking for a recipe can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ia awesome im so using it on sunday!

    ReplyDelete