Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Spin on the Perfect Gift

For Christmas, I made my sister an ornament that held her wedding invitation. Perfect for a gift-giver on a budget! ...and super sentimental!

(wish I could have gotten a better picture)
As I mentioned in that post, it was not my idea...I snagged it from Pinterest, which you can read about in my earlier post. Is my addiction becoming apparent yet???

By Christy @ From Glitter to Gumdrops
I vowed to never throw away another invitation or announcement! ...and that's just what I did. Sorry friends and family...spoiler alert.  

Anyway, I held onto one of my friend's invitations with the intention of making her one of these clever gifts. I was so careful to keep it in a safe place that I couldn't find it! After a week of frantic searching, I finally spotted it amongst all of the cards we received when Denver was born. Then, I made Ian go into the depths of our attic to get my clear Christmas ball ornaments. I sliced up the invitation, curled the pieces, twisted them in...and then it hit me. My soon-to-be married friend celebrates Hanukkah, not Christmas. That's right. Some friend I am. So off to the craft store I went, with my little sidekick who was perfect the whole time.

My friend had a beach wedding in Aruba so I found this perfect round bottle with a cork and a nice starfish charm, and problem solved! I think it came out just as nice as the ornaments and it can stay out all year.

Another successful craft project! Thanks Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment