Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shutter Headboard, Part 2

It's done! It's done!  Thanks to Ian and his handy skills, we have a truly beautiful headboard.  I won't talk you through the process of how he hung it...I'm not quite sure myself.  But after some TLC, a lot of careful measurements and the help of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, we got them all up there.


While Ian worked on the shutters, I hemmed and hung no-sew curtains.  I love those glue strips!  I really wish I could just sew them, but why bother when I can glue them?!


So here they are, close up.


And here's the finished product!  Love it!


I finally feel like our bedroom is done!  Actually, we still need to carpet under the bed and there's a few other things on the to-do list, but it looks so much better than...


and...


Ick, I can't end on that picture, so here's one Ian snapped when we were exploring our yard at sunset.  Ignore the butt, it's the style of the shirt, I swear!  But check out that bump! ...also a little exaggerated by the shirt style, but still exciting!


UPDATE! Our shutter headboard has been featured on Bloggeritaville's Flashback Friday!  Thanks Leigh!

I also linked up with Gluesticks, one of my new craft blogs!


5 comments:

  1. That looks great! I've been on the fence about some kind of headboard for us, too. But our room is really small, so I'm not sure we could get away with something big. Good work being thrifty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog from Pintrest. Love what you've done! And my goodness - your story is much like my husband and mine. Jersey Girl falls for Pennsy Boy and leaves the beach behind (sniffle). We're in Bucks County ourselves! Funny little world. :) Congrats on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that Pinterest!! (that's how I found you too!) I absolutely love this headboard and the entire finished product. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the headboard! Such a great job.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring headboard. What did you need to seal them in the end? Am looking for some wooden shutters myself.

    (found you via pinterest)

    x

    ReplyDelete