Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grilled Pierogies... hoody hoo!

 Oh my pierogie!  Ever find one of those recipes that you're unsure about but you go for it anyway?  That happened to us today.  In between cleaning out the attic, finishing some antique shutters, putting together a new bistro set, and cleaning up the yard, I tried this recipe from the July/August 2011 Food Network Magazine...Grilled Kielbasa and Pierogies!  Seriously.  The best part, it only took about a half hour to whip up, oh yeah, and it was delicious!  Because I wasn't expecting much from this recipe, I didn't take pictures along the way, but when I saw the finished product I knew I had to blog about it!


In a bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of coarse whole ground mustard, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar, and whisk together with olive oil until it's nice a smooth.  

In a bowl, coat 1 pound of pierogies and 6 white onion wedges (cut from one large white onion) in olive oil and some salt and pepper. 

Throw the kielbasa on the grill.  These will cook up in about 8-10 minutes.  When they are cooked about halfway through, add the pierogies and onions to the grill until they get nice grill marks and the onions soften up.  When everything is done, take it all back inside, slice up the kielbasa and chop the grilled onions.  Add everything to the dressing with a little salt and pepper and some chopped fresh parsley.

Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. No parboiling necessary! I just toss the pierogies in olive oil and then throw them on the grill frozen. I had my doubts but it really works! They get these nice flavorful grill marks and are fully cooked in about 5-10 minutes. Now I think it's the best way to cook pierogies in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I tried this tonight. It was very good! Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete