Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm just about out of shower-related posts, but here's one more.  We went back and forth trying to decide if we should order a cake.  Then we decided on cupcakes.  We went back and forth on whether we should tier them or order one of those cupcake pull-away cakes.  Can you tell I'm awful with decisions???  Then I remembered that my mom's best friend, Michelle, is awesome at this sort of thing.  All I told her was that we needed cupcakes and she took it from there.  

I can't detail ingredients.  Truth be told, I was busy working on my own shower projects and I am no baker...wanna-be cook, yes, but baker, no.


 She was bummed because they weren't coming out as good as they used to.  I thought they were perfect.  Don't we always say that when it isn't our own work?  I love the cupcake wrappers.  


As these cooled, Michelle melted some Ghirardelli chocolate for the candy embellishments.  She drizzled it in small patched on wax paper and popped them in the fridge.

 
The next morning, we took everything to Uva's in pieces so that we could assemble them there.  We filled wine glasses with a few amorini candy hearts, tied a black and white ribbon around the stem, and plopped a cupcake down into each one.  Michelle frosted each one with her own special whipped cream recipe.  So sweet and fluffy!  Then, we added our chocolate topping.  They were beautiful!  


 Looking back, I can't believe I didn't get a better picture of these.  You get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment