Monday, March 21, 2011

Salmon Patties


While my Spicy Turkey Crock Pot Lasagna did its thing, I whipped up salmon cakes for lunch.  Amy Locurto calls for salmon cakes with a side of mashed potatoes.  Instead, I added my potatoes to the salmon cakes...just like Nana and mommy used to do.  I also added my own special salad, inspired by a co-worker.  

I got the salad out of the way while I boiled my potatoes.  No big deal.  I just steamed some peas...not too long...you still want them nice and firm.  Then, I shredded some carrot, thinly sliced a red onion, cut up some canned red beets, chopped salted cashews, and then dressed with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  So good!


Once the potatoes we done, I mixed together 4 pouches of salmon (first time I bought these...not bad), bread crumbs, 2 whisked eggs, sliced scallions, and parsley.  Amy says to use cilantro but lately I just haven't been a fan.  Besides, parsley makes me think of my Nana, as do poor man's crab cakes.  That's what she used to call these, except her's were made with tuna fish. 


I formed nice little round patties and threw them in a pan of piping hot olive oil.  I let them brown, flipped them, let them brown, blotted them, and done! 


Garnish with a little lemon and you have the perfect lunch...or dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment