Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus

I promised parmesan crusted tilapia and I delivered!  Pardon the pictures.  Ian stole our camera so I had to use my iPhone for this job.  Oh, and how about this one...my iPhone won't sync with my Mac so I had to email all of these to myself first.  I called Apple tech support.  The nice woman on the phone told me that she was very sorry but she's "not very tech savvy...not with Macs anyway."  UGH!  So anyway, on with the fish.

To time this perfectly, I worked in stages.  I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.  Meanwhile, I cubed up some red potatoes, threw in some garlic (unpeeled...Ian and I love to peel open the roasted garlic cloves as we eat), drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt, Weber's lemon seasoning and thyme...I always add thyme when I'm using lemon.  I spread it on a foil lined baking sheet and threw it in the oven for about 25 minutes.


While that cooked, I trimmed my asparagus.  Do you do that trick where you see where one snaps and then size up the rest?  I tossed them into my potato-bowl and added a little more olive oil and seasoning.  I also added some sliced garlic.  Once the potatoes were well on their way, I took them out, added the asparagus to the pan threw it back in for another 20 minutes or so.  


While the sides worked, I threw my tilapia filets into my potato/asparagus bowl to soak up some leftover olive oil and seasonings and then dredged them in a mixture of breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Weber's lemon seasoning, and chopped fresh parsley.  I placed them on a foil-lined baking sheet and when everything else had about 10-15 minutes left to cook, I added them into the oven.


Everything ended at the same time.  The smell of the garlic, lemon, and parmesan filled the house!  3 for 3 this week!


Again, I must apologize for these crap-tastic pictures. We'll be back on track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment