Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crepes

My wonderful husband offered to make french toast for breakfast, and I wanted to let him, but I desperately needed a chocolate picture for Scavenger Hunt Sunday. I thought and thought about how I could incorporate chocolate into a quick breakfast recipe...crepes! I have never made crepes before, but how hard could it be???


In a bowl, I whisked together 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup water, vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp of melted butter.


I warmed the pan over low to medium heat and coated with some butter. Then, a poured about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and swirled around to get a nice even round.



After just a few minutes, when the bottom just starts to brown, flip and cook for another minute or so on the other side. Then, slide it onto a plate and embellish! I added a smidgen of butter and some cinnamon sugar mix.


Finally, fold into quarters, add some sweet chocolate syrup and raspberries, and serve!

1 comment:

  1. As good as those look, I am now wanting the rapberries! :-) I didn't quite make the photo challenge this week. It amazes me that no matter how hard I try to get my photos ahead of time during the week, there I am on Saturday night with no pictures done. Too bad I'm such a procrastinator! :-)

    ReplyDelete