Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wire Bird Nest

I was feeling kind of crafty the other day so I went through my list of things-to-make.  Then, I remembered this great post at Just Something I Made.  So, I went to Hobby Lobby, bought me some wire and beads, and got to it.


I started by stringing three beads.  It took me forever to find beads that I liked for this project, but then I stumbled upon these little guys that almost look like blue bird eggs.


Then, I just twisted and turned and wrapped and weaved until it started to look like something round.


With my handy dandy round-tip pliers I added some kinks and loops and tried to make it look a little less wire-y.  I personally like silver over gold, but with this silver wire, I'm not sure it will ever look less wire-y.  I'm going to make another trip to Hobby Lobby this week and pick up bronze wire or something that looks a bit more natural.


Ta-da!  A wire bird's nest.  I love it.  Like I said, I'm going to try again and go for a more twig-colored wire, but this little guy is getting put on a chain and will be a great necklace.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love it - you make it look so easy! ;)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, are you still making those sea glass window hangings? You know the one you gave Grandmna, and Alyssa? I don't have the heart to steal Grandma's and I have tried stealing Alyssa's on numerous occasions now and I have been unsuccessful so far. Hint Hint..... love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I really wouldn't steal Grandma's right? Alyssa's that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! Really it is just beautiful.This is such a great idea and it turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if you're taking orders! Love the wire bird's nest!

    ReplyDelete