Saturday, February 5, 2011

Photo of the Day #2

As much as I love snow days, I can't wait for spring!  Everything looks so beautiful here as it turns to green.  I was saying to Ian yesterday that I love our new camera and we are getting some great winter pictures, but everything is so gray and silver.  Beautiful and cold at the same time...literally and figuratively.  Today I wanted to find a picture that got me excited about spring and this is the first one that came to mind...

Aren't these colors phenomenal?  This hydrangea grows right beside our front door.  It has the most beautiful shades of blue, and then it takes on a slight violet hue as it reaches the end of its season.  I put these all over the house, fresh and dried.  I've heard that you can change the color of your hydrangeas with a little vinegar mixture at the roots, but I can't imagine a more beautiful bloom. Spring can't come fast enough.

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing color! Flowers are a lot of work, but so worth the reward, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete